Semi-Camping, Semi-Slumber Party, Soul-Family Vacation
I simply love this way of retreat. It is not a money-making venture, but just a time to come together with friends and practice. It is not high-end luxury, and yet is the heart of comfort. The best way to put it is that it is a yoga and meditation soul family vacation. We will work together to bring what we need, you can pay what you can afford, and we will open together to the sweetness of life. I think that this sort of space is essential to the spiritual journey and journey through life. It is essential to have a place to land and also to take a step away from your routine. Because, all the while that we are working to get somewhere, to improve our lives, improve ourselves, or learn something, this moment is also your life. We will land in it and remember that it is good. This style of retreat allows you to come with no outcome in mind other than the journey into your own heart in the present moment. You will get some space from your responsibilities and connection to yourself, others, and nature.
August 3rd - 5th, 2018
2 Nights: Friday Evening through Sunday Afternoon
at a private location in the Lake Hughes area, 2 hours out of LA
This retreat is open to anyone who has been to Laura's classes, circles or private sessions and to friends of those who have. This particular gathering is only for those we already know. It is made possible by our amazing host, Jim, and we are endlessly grateful. Since this is such a different style of retreat, please read the info below to see if it works for you. If you are interested, email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org to check for availability prior to enrolling.
Thank you, Lauren Jensen, Jennifer Lynch, and others for this beautiful photography.
This retreat is Semi-Camping, Semi-Slumber Party and Semi-Potluck. What does this mean? Well, its easier than you might think. You will bring some of the things we need and some things will be provided for you to lighten the load. Suggested donation is by sliding scale of $155 - $255 and includes all classes in yoga, meditation and philosophy and some food. However, it is a donation and you are welcome to give whatever you can afford. In addition to this donation made in advance, everyone is asked to bring $20 in cash to contribute to house cleaning and upkeep.
• Semi-Camping/Semi-Slumber Party: This means that you are welcome to bring your own tent to sleep in, or welcome to find a place in the house (couch, cove, or bring an air mattress, some have even slept on the deck under the stars) but that you will be camping around the house, so you’ll have bathrooms and showers available. There are some beds available and 2 private rooms if you need privacy and a bed. It is also possible that there will be other beds in the house available, but expect to be ok with camping or slumber party and then you might just be pleasantly surprised.
• Semi-Potluck: Friday night dinner will be potluck style. Since you’ll just be arriving, it should be easy to bring a healthy dish to share. Bring something that you can eat and just bring a list of the ingredients so that anyone with allergies can know if they can share. You’ll also be asked to bring a few things to share throughout the weekend: fruit, a box of tea, snacks. We will also have a communal dinner on Saturday night–you’ll bring whatever you would like to grill and we will make a nice salad. Healthy breakfast will be provided as well as healthy lunch for Saturday and Sunday. Simply let me know if you have dietary needs and I’ll make sure you are taken care of.
Saturday, August 4th
• 7:00 to 8:00 am Pranayama & Meditation
• 8:30 am Breakfast
• 10:00 - 11:45 am Yoga
• 11:45 - 4:00 pm free time - hike, swim, rest, play
• 1:00 pm lunch served
• 4:00 pm Philosophy circle (tea, snacks)
• 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Yoga and Breathwork
• 7:30 make dinner, hang out
• 8:30 have fun, listen to dharma talks under the stars, play games, music, whatever!
Friday, August 3rd
Arrive anywhere after 4 pm to get yourself set up. We understand if you need to come after work. Let me know. You might just sneak in late to the opening yoga class. If at all possible, it is best to arrive before sunset. All activities are optional, but please do join for opening and closing circles.
• 7:00 - 8:30 pm Opening yoga
outdoors: sunset to under the stars
• 8:30 - 9:30 pm Dinner and Opening Circle
Sunday, August 5th
• 7:00 - 8:00 am talk & meditation
• 8:30 am Breakfast
• 10:00 - 11:30 Yoga
• 11:30 - 12:30 Closing Circle
• 12:30 Pack up
• 1:00 Lunch
We should be done by 1:30 or 2 at the latest. If you have extra time, you can stay and help put the house back together.
I am so grateful for this retreat and acknowledge the preciousness of our time together. We should take it–both–lightly and deep. I would like to dedicate this retreat to 2 important beings who made their transition in the time since we were last on this retreat. Our dear friend Jaime who passed this April and our dog Lilly who passed last October. Both were important parts of this retreat. We love them both and, from that love, know that life continues forward towards more sweetness.
Email Laura at email@example.com with any questions and to see if space is available. You can then use this link to pay via credit card or PayPal. You are also welcome to pay via Venmo, cash, cash app, or check.
The blessing of this retreat is that it allows for affordable options. My goal is to create more retreats that people can make a regular part of their lives. If you are able to pay a little more and would like to help someone else along the way, your donation will go towards partial scholarships for others. If you would like to come but cannot pay the listed price, please contact Laura.